Serve this authentic Mexican guacamole using restaurant-style tortilla chips. If you want to make real tortilla chips in home, it’s fast and simple to do! Simply slice a small heap of corn tortillas into 4 triangles and fry them in cooking oil on medium-high heat until crisp. Transfer cooked tortilla chips to a platter or cookie sheet lined with paper towels. Blot excess oil off.
How to select the best avocados
Best Guacamole Recipes
- 3 Haas Avocados
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup Roma tomatoes finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped (no stems)
- 1 Jalapeno or Serrano chile about 1 tablespoon, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or maybe a little bit more!
- 1 tablespoon lime juice squeeze the juice from 3 key limes
- Optional Garnish: cilantro leaves on stems or a sprinkling of Mexican Cotija Cheese
- Using a knife or avocado tool, slice avocados in half. Reserve the pits for later.
- Remove the peels and place the avocado in a bowl.
- Mash the avocados until the consistency is smooth with just a few small lumps.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl. Gently fold all ingredients together.
- If serving guacamole as an appetizer, transfer Mexican Guacamole to a molcajete.
- Garnish with a few cilantro leaves on stems, or a sprinkling of Mexican Cotija Cheese.
- Serve guacamole with restaurant-style tortilla chips.