These cauliflower buffalo wings with vegan ranch dip are the perfect comfort food! They’re super easy to make, and they’re soooo delicious! We can’t get enough of them!
I LOVE cauliflower wings! I have made them many occasions and perfected my own cauliflower wings recipe over time. Adding panko breadcrumbs did the trick. It makes them incredibly crispy!
WHAT ARE CAULIFLOWER WINGS?
For all those of you who have never heard of wings: No, cauliflower did not grow wings overnight! Haha! Cauliflower wings are kind of like chicken wings, but they are made out of cauliflower florets instead.
The recipe has been divided into three simple steps:
Dip the cauliflower wings to some batter made out of flour and spices and then roll them in panko bread crumbs.
Coat the baked cauliflower wings along with your favorite sauce such as BBQ sauce or hot sauce and then bake them again until they’re crispy.
Serve with a tasty dipping sauce like vegan ranch dip. Enjoy!!
Cauliflower wings make a fantastic appetizer or snack. Or even a top side with a nice green salad!
You will find all the ingredients to your vegan cauliflower wings at almost any regular grocery shop. Except for the cauliflower, you do not need any fresh ingredients.
CAULIFLOWER BUFFALO WINGSYou will find all of the ingredients for the vegan cauliflower wings in any regular grocery store. Except for the cauliflower you don’t need any fresh ingredients.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- regular all-purpose flour or chickpea flour
- unsweetened plant-based milk almond or soy
- garlic powder
- paprika powder
- panko breadcrumbs omit for a gluten-free version
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wings sauce
- vegan mayonnaise
- dried dill and parsley
- Carefully cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, the plant-based milk, the water, the garlic powder, the paprika powder, the salt, and the black pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Dip the florets into the batter, so they’re entirely coated.
- Roll them in the panko breadcrumbs. Omit this step for a gluten-free version. However, they’re way crispier with the panko breadcrumb coating.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the cauliflower florets on the baking sheet. Don’t put them on top of each other. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 °F.
- Combine Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wings sauce with a tablespoon of olive oil and pour it over the baked cauliflower wings. Evenly coat them from all sides by stirring them a few times.
- Put the painted buffalo wings back on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake again for 20 minutes at 350 °F.
- For the vegan ranch dip, combine the vegan mayonnaise with dried dill and parsley and stir until well combined. Serve the freshly baked vegan cauliflower wings with the vegan ranch and enjoy! Also, sprinkle some chopped green onions and freshly chopped parsley on top if you want.
NotesIt is essential to use unsweetened plant-based milk. The recipe does not work with sweetened dairy if it's only lightly sweetened.
Insert panko breadcrumbs to produce the buffalo cauliflower snacks extra crispy. They do the trick! The cauliflower wings do not get as eloquent with regular breadcrumbs.
Pay attention to not put the cauliflower wings on top of each other on the baking sheet. If you're doubling the recipe, use two baking sheets.
Each toaster is a bit different, so make sure to look at the wings regularly towards the end of the baking period and correct the time if needed. It is okay if they have some brown stains. However, you don't want them to have burned!
In case you don't like hot food, then this recipe isn't for you! But you may want to attempt my hot cauliflower wings with BBQ sauce instead. They are a good deal less spicy!