This elegant and straightforward One Pot Creamy Salmon Pasta makes a quick and satisfying dinner your family will love!
I have never been disappointed with a salmon dish. This Creamy Salmon Pasta recipe comes directly from Italy. My mom says it is one of her favorite fast pasta dishes. I hope you’ll feel the same way after you give it a go.
What Type OF PASTA TO USE
Penne is one of the most well-known kinds of pasta in Italy and, no surprise, it matches this dish perfectly. Fettuccine would be my next choice. By the way, when you have not tried my Fettuccine in Roasted Pepper Sauce, however, I strongly suggest you do that. I’ve made it on many occasions, and everybody raves about it. Although I haven’t yet made this Creamy Salmon Pasta for my pals, I am pretty sure it is going to be one of the favorites, also.
Serve this easy and delicious dish with some toasted garlic bread on the side. A fresh green salad tossed with grape or cherry tomatoes also makes an excellent side.
Creamy Salmon Pasta
- 1 lb salmon
- 8 oz uncooked penne pasta
- 3 tbsp butter
- One medium onion chopped
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Meanwhile, saute the onion in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the salmon and keep cooking for another 5-7 minutes, breaking it into flakes as it cooks.
- Add the heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Stir and turn off the heat.
- Add the cooked pasta, Parmigiano Reggiano, and chopped parsley, mixing everything thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with more cheese and parsley before serving.