Curried Couscous salad is a tasty blend of spiced couscous, chopped vegetables, and a light dressing. It’s packed with flavor without being thick, and it’s vegan-friendly. The mix of curry, cumin, and paprika provides the chickpeas a beautiful kick of flavor that’s offset from the fresh, crisp greens and veggies.
Couscous is known for being a healthy alternative to other grains, like pasta or rice. Originally from northern Africa, couscous is made from semolina and cooks up soft and light. It’s little salt or fat, plus it also contains protein, fiber, and vitamins and minerals, making it a fantastic addition to any salad. If you’re ready to level up your salad path, then that Curried Couscous Salad is the thing to do.
HELPFUL TIPS & TRICKS
Use a salad spinner. After you rinse the greens, then place them in a salad spinner, if you’ve got one. A salad spinner removes the moisture, so the greens are clean rather than soggy.
Let the couscous cool before adding it into the salad so that it doesn’t cause the lettuce to wilt under the heat.
Try various veggies. This salad is extremely versatile. You can use your favorite vegetables rather than those in this recipe to make it better suit your taste.
Use your leftovers as aside. Leftover couscous makes a great side dish. Just reheat it on the stovetop and function.
HOW TO STORE
This Curried Couscous Salad can remain fresh in the fridge for up to 6 hours. After that, the moisture out of the veggies will leach out and cause it to become soggy. It is ideal for making as much salad as you plan to eat. And as I said, leftover couscous makes a high side, so if you made a great deal, you might easily add it to another meal.
This yummy Curried Couscous Salad makes a fantastic snack, lunch, or side dish. It may even be an excellent addition to a potluck. If you’re looking to shake your salad regularly, this couscous salad with its ideal blend of curry and other spices can make a great selection.
Curried Couscous Salad
- - For the couscous
- - 1 cup whole wheat pearled couscous
- - 2 cups vegetable broth or water salt to taste
- - 1/2 small onion diced
- - Two garlic cloves minced
- - 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- - 1/4 tsp. cumin powder
- - 1/4 tsp. sweet paprika
- - For the salad
- - Two handfuls spring mix greens
- - Two small cucumbers cubed
- - One medium bell pepper diced
- - 10-15 cherry tomatoes halved
- - Two scallion stalks diced
- - 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- - 2 tbsp. olive oil
- - 1/4 tsp. salt or to taste
- - 1/4 tsp. black pepper or to taste
- In a medium pot, add the oil and saute the garlic and onion until they are lightly browned.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, and paprika and stir until they coat the vegetables.
- Add the couscous and veggie broth. Stir. Cover the pot and cook until the couscous is soft and fluffy.
- In a bowl, add the spring mix. Then add the cucumbers, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, scallions, and couscous on top.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the salad and add olive oil. Then sprinkle it with salt and pepper to taste. Using two spoons, toss the salad. Plate and serve.