Chock full of veggies like butternut squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and onion, this Vegan Stew tastes excellent and is very good for you. And with spices such as cumin, coriander, and garam masala, and of course a few chilies, you will love the rich and complex flavors of the dish.
Some might think that a stew can’t be filling without some meat, but this Vegan Stew will set them straight. Rich and hearty, full of taste, it’ll be a delicious addition to your dinner table. And during the winter, you’re going to be thankful for such a hot and satisfying supper.
Haw To serve
As is. It is beautiful by itself, with a piece of crusty bread on the side.
Rice, quinoa, farro, bulgur, and couscous all work well with this particular dish stew.
Mix a few kinds of pasta into the stew. It is perfect this way.
With Roasted Veggies. Though this stew is loaded with veggies, some roasted vegetables on the side add more taste and make a great addition.
Spinach or Kale. These make fantastic additions to this Vegan Stew. Add some new, or in a pinch, you could use frozen (defrost and drain ).
Beans. If chickpeas are not your favorite, then you can use any other kind of seed — kidney, navy, or blackwork.
Potatoes. Add some vegetables to make this stew more filling.
Seasonings. Adjust the seasonings to your taste. Insert some more chilies if you prefer your stews spicy, or add some other preferred spices to the mix.
Herbs. Any herbs may be utilized to enhance the flavors. So, get creative and create this fantastic Vegan Stew your personal.
HOW TO STORE THIS VEGAN STEW
If you would like to keep this Vegan Stew in the refrigerator, keep it in the same pot coated with lid, or place it in an airtight container. It’ll last for 3-4 days.
You could also store this aisle in the freezer. Put the stew in an airtight container, or to conserve space, in a ziplock freezer bag. Lay the bag flat in the fridge until it’s healthy, then keep it vertically to leave room for other freezer things. Your stew will last in the freezer for 4-6 months.
HOW TO REHEAT
To reheat this Vegan Stew from the refrigerator, place it in a microwave-safe bowl and heat, occasionally stirring until it’s hot. If you’re reheating from the freezer, first put the container of stew in the microwave to defrost, or in the case of freezer bags, at a bowl of water until it becomes slushy. From there, either heat the stew in the microwave or a pot on the stovetop.
Healthy Vegan Stew
- One medium onion
- - 3 tbsp. olive oil
- - 1 1/2 lbs. butternut squash peeled and cubed
- - Three medium tomatoes pureed or use one can of tomato sauce
- - 1 1/2 lbs. zucchini cubed
- - 2 15 oz. cans chickpeas
- - 1 14 oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- - 1 tbsp. chipotles in adobo sauce minced
- - 1 tsp. cumin powder
- - 1 tsp. coriander powder
- - 1 tsp. garam masala
- - 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- In a large pot, add the olive oil and onions. Cook the onions on the stovetop until they are soft and caramelized, often stirring to keep them from sticking.
- Add the minced garlic, chipotle in adobo sauce, coriander, garam masala, cumin, and salt. Continue to stir until everything is mixed together thoroughly.
- Then, add the butternut squash and tomato puree to the pot, mixing well. Cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir.
- Add the zucchini, chickpeas, and coconut milk, stirring until the ingredients are well-incorporated. Cover and cook for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, stir in the cilantro.
- Serve with some more fresh cilantro on top and enjoy.