This flavorful Mashed Potato Casserole will make your taste buds dancing and please any dinner guest at your table.
This Mashed Potato Casserole consists of potatoes, sour cream, and goat cheese to give it a creamy and smooth texture that’s also full of taste. Topped with Parmesan cheese and roasted until a golden crust forms, you won’t wish to wait to dig into this beautiful meal.
This Mashed Potato Casserole is excellent comfort food to bring out on a chilly night. It’s also the ideal dish when you have to bring something to a potluck or for a dinner party. The flavors are rich and addictive, so you know people will probably be returning for seconds. Let us take a look at the ingredients.
HELPFUL TIPS & TRICKS
When you buy your goat cheese for this recipe, opt for a variety that currently has herbs inside. This will add extra flavor to your casserole.
Bake the Following Day. This recipe is excellent, as you don’t have to make it on the day you serve it. You can prepare it the day before in the casserole dish and then pop it in the oven before dinnertime.
Not a goat cheese fan? If the tangy flavor and odor of goat cheese are not to your liking, then you may substitute cream cheese instead.
Do Not Add Cold Ingredients to Warm Potatoes. Make sure your dairy products are room temperature before incorporating them in. The potatoes will consume them better this way along with the dish, will wind up much creamier.
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT
To store this Mashed Potato Casserole, then put it into a storage container with a tightly-fitting lid. It may stay in the fridge for up to a couple of days.
To reheat this dish, you can do it in the oven or use a toaster. If you use the oven, then heat the mashed potatoes in an oven-safe bowl or pan, covered by foil, at 375ºF for about 30-40 minutes. In a slow cooker, add a little bit more milk and butter to keep it moist as it warms.
If you want to reheat it in the microwave, then you’ll have to heat it for a couple of moments at a time, stirring more butter and milk as required to maintain the consistency.
- - 2 lbs. potatoes
- - 4 oz. goat cheese
- - 3 tbsp. butter
- - 1 cup sour cream
- - 1/4 cup milk
- - 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- - 1/2 tsp. salt
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into medium pieces. Place them in a pot and cover with water. Boil the potatoes, cooking them until they are soft. Then, drain the liquid out and place the potatoes into a mixing bowl.
- Using a masher, give them a rough mash. Then, add the goat cheese, butter, sour cream, and salt. Mash thoroughly, making sure to incorporate all the ingredients throughout fully.
- Add the milk and then mash again until the potatoes have a smooth and creamy texture.
- Spoon the mashed potatoes into an oven-safe casserole dish and then sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Bake at 350ºF for 40 minutes. Once a golden-brown crust has formed, remove it from the oven and serve.