I don’t even know where to begin. These Potatoes with Mushrooms are so amazing that they make my head spin! It only requires a few essential ingredients to create this pleasing dinner. I’ve been using this recipe for several decades already, and my whole family loves it. I think yours will, too.
I am a significant potato enthusiast, which is why I have so many potato recipes. This Potato and Mushroom Skillet is among my favorites, Together with Curried Potatoes, Fried Potatoes with Mushrooms, Potato Tacos, and Classic Potato Pancakes… YUM!
Potatoes. I like using Russet potatoes and Red Bliss potatoes because they maintain their shape nicely.
Mushrooms. Maybe one of you may try it? If you do, please, let me know how you enjoyed it!
Coconut Milk. Use your favorite brand. I used coconut milk from Native Forest.
White Wine. Utilize Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, or Chardonnay.
Oil. Utilize any oil you would like. I enjoy grapeseed and olive.
potatoes with Mushrooms
- - 2 tbsps olive oil
- - 1/2 large onion sliced thinly
- - Two garlic cloves minced
- - 8 oz. sliced baby Bella mushrooms
- - 1/4 cup white wine Pinot Grigio Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay
- - Four medium potatoes cut into 1/4 thick pieces
- - 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- - 1/2 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- - 1/4 tsp. pepper or to taste
- - 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- In a large, non-stick skillet, sauté the onions in olive oil over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes and then add the mushrooms and garlic. Keep cooking for about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and cook just until it evaporates.
- Add the potatoes, salt, and pepper to the mushrooms and keep frying, occasionally stirring for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and reduce the heat to low. Cover with a tight lid and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Let it rest for five more minutes, garnish with parsley, and serve.