I love seafood — a lot. Today, I have a very SIMPLE, CHEAP, and DELICIOUS Mackerel Patties recipe to talk with you. If you enjoy seafood, you don’t want to overlook it.
I enjoy using canned mackerel in my recipes because of its flexibility, taste, and impressive nutrient profile. Plus, there has been a lot of research done, indicating that routine consumption might help reduce your blood pressure and cholesterol, protect against melancholy, also keep your bones strong and healthy. Therefore, if you have not tried it already, now it is a great time to do it.
WHERE to buy MACKEREL?
I’m using Canned Mackerel at Brine in this recipe. It might be seen in many large grocery stores, in the canned seafood section, right next to anchovies and sardines. Of course, you can purchase canned Mackerel on Amazon. There are several brands on the market (like Bumble Bee, Polar, Chicken of the Sea), and all of them work well.
WHAT TO SERVE MACKEREL PATTIES WITH
Other than my Creamy BBQ Sauce?
Serve these tasty Mackerel Patties with garden salad, french fries, pasta, steamed veggies, rice, creamed spinach, or kale. I also love placing these on top of Caesar Salad.
- - 15 oz canned Mackerel in brine
- - Two eggs
- - 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- - 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- - 2 tbsp. of mayonnaise
- - 2 tbsp. of mustard
- - 2 tbsp. of chopped chives or scallion
- - vegetable oil for frying
- Drain mackerel, debone and transfer to a mixing bowl. Flake meat with a fork. Flaking mackerel meat with a fork
- Add the rest of the ingredients, excluding vegetable oil, and mix well. preparing the mixture for mackerel patties
- Using 1/4 cup as a measure, shape into patties.
- Fry in a small amount of vegetable oil, on medium heat until golden brown (about 3 minutes per side).